Tuesday, August 25, 2009

2 comments:

Danniel Schoonebeek said...

And what, pray tell, are your thoughts on this Mr. Gertzog?

I am increasingly finding Louise intolerable. She makes a few sound points here, but it's her presumed stature, or perhaps self-exclusiveness, that rattles me.

You want to see worse? Find Sharon Olds speaking at the same year's Forum.

You want to see better? Find Lyn Heijinian.

Micah said...

I don't know that I thought anything about it as much as wondered what other people thought about it.

I guess it seems like the ultimate message here is "Be reasonable". This strikes me as among the worst things you could possibly say regarding poetry - unless there's a standard of reasonableness out there to which I'm not attached, which is probably the case.

This is, of course, the exact same thing which you have said. More and more, most of these people you just want to go "Who the fuck are you?" -Unless, of course, they just want to talk straight about their poems.