Sunday, June 22, 2008

Inauguration

Friends, here it is:

I did not create this blog for publicity; rather, I invite you to a kind of isolation. We are here to share our work with us. No one reads this unless we offer them the chance. A writer's utopia? No, but we are both author and audience, and we choose who contributes and reads. The best way to start a school is to start one.

I invite you all to post your poetry, prose, ruminations, and punchlines. It seemed fitting to resurrect Duende! for the purpose of this endeavor, as we are all still grappling (and will grapple forever) with our little entropic demon. Where do we think the demon resides? I imagine him lodged in the chest, as though resident in a medicine cabinet.

This is a challenge to entropy. Post your words, leave your name, and talk to each other. Hallelujah til' you die.

Danniel

1 comment:

Micah said...

The best way to start a school is to start one, and the Bears are - and continue to be - who we thought they were.